Friday, October 05, 2007

Filling the need for what kids need

These things just didn't fill the needs I have:
Disguised: A Wartime Memoir by Rita la Fontaine de Clercq Zubli. About an Indonesian girl who disguised herself as a boy during WWII to avoid dire fates. Not for middle school, but very interesting.

Cynthia Cotten's Fair Has Nothing to do with It. Remember This is Your Captain Speaking? If I want introspection about death, I already have it. Not a big seller.

Andy Spearman's Barry, Boyhound might suit younger readers who read at a high level, but my older readers who read at a low level will find this juvenile and too difficult. I got distracted by the number of different type sizes and styles. Just confusing.

Started Simmons' Finding Lubchenko and am LOVING it. Will report in full when I am done.

And many thanks to the Westerville Public Library for bringing me books-- although I think I was caught speeding on my library card. I had 50 reserves, and they cut me off. I am ashamed.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. 50 requests? I didn't know there was a cut-off & I work there... and my "holds" listing is usually REALLY long... but I'm not sure it's ever been up to 50. It's at 20 now and looks like it's a mile long.

    I can only imagine what your "reading history" page looks like... or your current items checked out!

    You do have a teacher's card, right? Longer due-dates, no fines! The only way to go... Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete